Tuesday 27 December 2016

Should you get the new version of Skyrim?

Should you get the new version of Skyrim?


Greetings fellow travellers, as the new version of Skyrim has been out for two whole months, I've decided to make a post comparing the old to new version of the game, if you're wondering whether or not to toss the money over to buy it, please read ahead. 


Is the new version really that different from the old version?

I've been an avid fan since 2012 and I've replayed Skyrim SO many times so if there was anything new, I probably would notice it, it is said that we get new environments, characters, quests and more but I've been playing the game for around a month and I haven't found any of them, the only improvement I have seen are the graphics to the game but apart from that, the old and new are pretty much alike, not to mention having the new one EXTREMELY buggy, I've had it jam on me, the sound fall out for a few minutes then come back and it boots me out to the home screen of the console I play on without any warning, but in all honesty the old one had it's fair share of bugs too. If you don't really mind about the graphics and don't really mind about the new stuff, then you don't have too much to worry about purchasing it. 

Aside from the graphics I have noticed some features being added to it, such as mods, if you have an online connection and you are a console gamer, then you can download mods for your game! There is a warning though, the mods do stop the achievements, but if you don't mind that then I think it is an excellent feature to the game, it also seperates your profile saves into "mods" and having no mods. Another feature I picked up was the option to quicksave, when I played it back on the old console, I didn't have the quicksave option and sometimes my saving would jam in between, but the option of quicksaving lets you go into the menu and just click the required button and exit, it's like autosaving but "quicker".

In my opinion: The new Skyrim is totally worth it, but it's up to you! 
Personally I love the updates and the bugs will get fixed, but I wanted to draw out a little comparision between the two. 

Much <3 -Dragonborn.

P.S In like a few days it's 2017, so that means 4 years of this blog running!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment